Thursday 20 September 2012

What is a Thriller Recap Quiz 28 questions

-->
Are you A Level yet? 
Fill in the missing words to check your knowledge at the end of week 3.
Characters in a Thriller

1. D - - E - - I – E or as in the UK we would say...
2. I - S - E - - O R
3. S E - I A - / - I - - E R
4. A - - A - - I N
5. T E - - O – I - T
6. - P -
7. P - - CH – P – T H
8. C - I - N - L 
9. S T - L - E R

Sub-categories of Thrillers
10. P - - H O L O – I - - -
11. - R I - E
12. P O - I – I – A L

The pleasure for the audience is to
13. - O L - E / T - E / M – S – E - -

Typical scenes you would would find in a Thriller
14. A - - A - - I N A – I O -
15. K I - - A P - I – G
16. C R - - E / S – E – E
17. M – R D - -
18. I - T E - - O G A - IO - 
19. A / M - - T - N G / I - / S - C R - T
20. T - R R - R - S M

Locations for a Thriller tend to be
21. I - O L A - E D 
22. A - A - D O - E -
23. C - N C - A L E D
24. A - U - T such as
25. - I - I E S

Mood/Atmosphere of a Thriller
-->
26. M - - - E - -

&

27. S - - - E - - E

NOT

28. S - A - Y (this would be a H O - O -)

1-5 This is a concern. You are not remembering what we have discussed in class or checking your learning. You must act now urgently or ask for help.

6-15 You're not there yet. You all recalling learning from class but your attitude to learning is still at GCSE level - you must put in more independent study time to be successful at A Level

16- 21 Good effort. You have made a strong start at managing the expectations of A Level with your independent learning & recalling knowledge. Remember this information should underpin your ideas for making your Thriller.

21-28 Impressive. You are thinking around elements we have discussed in class and have clearly been studying around the topic and applying your knowledge rather than just remembering. I'm expecting a good Thriller from you.
Now comment on your blog: Self evaluation
  • How many did you get?
  • Are you meeting the expectations of an A Level student by taking responsibility for your achievement/grades?
  • How much do you know - how effective has your note-taking in class?
  • What was the activity that stood out that helped you remember (watching student work, making the se7en edit, studying own film examples, or the mind map)?
  • How effective has your 3 hrs Independent Learning (H/W) been? 
  • How will you improve?


No comments:

Post a Comment